- 4 pork chops about 300g each
- 2 tbsps. minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 purple shallot
- Good pinch Szechuan pepper (optional) you can use black pepper
- 1 long red chilli (seeds removed for less heat)
- 10 drops of sesame oil
- 2 tbsps. Hoisin
- 2 tbsps. Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. Chinese cooking wine (optional) you can use balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsps. sweet soy sauce
- 2 tbsps. honey
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
Stir-fry Slaw Ingredients
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil or light olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup of purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced into match sticks
- 1 bunch of bok choy, trimmed, washed and thinly sliced
Place the pork chops into a large dish. In a food processor or blender add in all the ingredients for the marinade and blend until combined; pour 1/2 the marinade over the pork and with your hands massage it in. Place the pork in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 180c.
Heat the tablespoon of oil in a pan or ovenproof dish and sear off the chops for 2 minutes on each side; add in the remainder of the marinade and ½ cup of water and cook for a further 3 minutes. Place the dish in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
For the stir-fry slaw
Clean out the frypan and reheat on a high temperature with the extra peanut oil, add in the onions, carrots and cabbage and toss for 3 minutes, add in the bok choy and continue to toss together for another minute or so until the bok choy starts to wilt
Remove the vegetables and serve them alongside the pork chop with steamed rice and drizzled with the extra sauce.