Poached Cod Ingredients
- 300g Blue eye Cod fillets
- ½ cup brown onion, sliced
- 2 tsps. ginger, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. lemon grass, crushed
- 4 tbsps. coriander roots
- 3 cups fish or chicken stock just to cover the fish
Blue eye Trevally fillets
- 200g rice noodles soaked in hot water until softened and drained
- 1 cup red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, thinly shredded
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 1 cups white cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, sliced in match sticks or grated
- ½ cup coriander leaves and stalks, chopped
For the dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. of ginger, minced
- 2 tbsps. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsps. tamari or light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp. sugar (optional)
Place all the poaching ingredients except the fish into a fry pan and pour in enough stock to just cover the vegetables. Bring the liquid to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer and place the fish in the liquid. The liquid must cover the fish, and then poach the fish for 10 – 15 minutes or until a knife inserted into the fish can pull the flesh apart.
Remove the fish from the liquid and allow to cool slightly.
Drain the vegetables out of the liquid reserving the liquid and bring it back to the boil to cook the noodles.
Cook the noodles as per directed on the packet, drain and rinse in cold water, toss with a few drops of oil and set aside. The cooking liquid can be frozen and kept as a stock for a seafood soup.
Dressing Recipe Steps
Blend all the ingredients together in a blender or food processor and set aside.
Place all the prepared vegetables into a large salad bowl, toss through the noodles and pour over a little of the dressing, flake in the cod and toss over the sesame seeds. Divide the salad into individual bowls and drizzle over a little more dressing.