- 10 whole dried shitake mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups of boiling water
- 4 shallots (spring onions)
- 400g cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 tbsp. Tamari or soy sauce sauce and marinade
- 30ml orange juice
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 2.5 L chicken stock home made
- 4 tsps. of ginger
- 1 star anise
- 3 black peppercorns
- 2 tbsps. soy sauce
- Additional vegetable options to add –
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 cup snow peas thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow pea sprouts
- 2 bch bok choy, trimmed and sliced
- 4 tbsps. coriander leaves
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
Soak the shitake mushrooms in boiling water until soft, about 30 minutes. Drain the mushrooms and squeeze out the excess water and set it aside. Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and discard. Slice the tops of the mushroom and set them aside in a bowl.
Finely slice the shallots adding half to a bowl with the shredded chicken meat, orange juice and soy sauce. Finely dice ¼ of the shitake mushrooms and add these to the chicken mix. Combine the mix and season.
Place the stock into a pot add the ginger, star anise, soy sauce, black peppercorns and the rest of the shiitake mushrooms and the mushroom broth. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
Place the parcels in the broth until they become soft and slightly opaque. Add the carrots, bok choy, shallots, and snow peas to the broth and ladle into bowls.
Garnish with coriander leaves and sliced chilli.