- 350g soft tofu
- ¼ cup polenta
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tblsp cornstarch mixed with ½ cup water
- Oil for frying
- ½ roma tomato, deseeded and finely diced
- 5 stalks of broccolini, tops only, steamed until just done
- 2 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp ginger marmalade or jam or 1 tsp minced candied ginger
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and peppe
Place the polenta and all the spices into a small bowl, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
For the salsa, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl , allow to sit for 10 – 15 minutes for the flavours to come together and for the salsa to soften a little.
Set the tofu squares onto a platter and top with the broccoli salsa.