Greek Lamb souvlaki sticks with toasted pita, cucumber, lettuce and feta salad
In just three easy steps you can turn your everyday lamb mince into something quick and delicious.
To keep the pita breads warm, place them wrapped in foil on a very low oven.
Lamb loves big flavours so don’t be afraid to add in dried mint, oregano, rosemary and ground cumin for extra kick.
Make up double the lamb mixture and roll into meatballs for your next pasta night or for tasty lamb barbeque patties.
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 small onion, roughly grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Large handful fresh flat leaf parsley and fresh mint, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 4 small pita breads, grilled
- A good squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 small cucumbers, chopped
- 1 head ice berg lettuce chopped
- 3 tbsps. chopped dill
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- Extra parsley and mint for garnish
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to garnish