Italy Tours – Gastronomic Puglia Immersion – Food, Wine, Cooking and Culture Tour
Experience the country, sea and city as we take you on an exciting culinary and cultural journey of Puglia and its surrounding towns. Known for its whitewashed truillo traditional dome-houses, century-old farmhouses and hundreds of kilometres of Mediterranean coastline. Puglia is definitely worth a visit if you want fresh, tasty and local food. Among the dishes that most strongly define the traditional Puglian cuisine, are the orecchiette with broccoli rabe, Apulia focaccia, Fava Bean Puree and Chicory Greens just to cite a few. Furthermore, the wines of Puglia are admired wherever they go.
Aside from the beaches and gorgeous sea villages, Puglia has a rich archaeological heritage and boasts 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites: Castel del Monte, Alberobello and the Sanctuary of San Michele Arcangelo. A special mention should be dedicated to Lecce commonly nicknamed “the Florence of the south”. Together with the city’s Baroque architectural monuments, churches and religious buildings, there are Greek influences in the utilization of the renowned “Lecce stone”. culture.
- Visit the traditional workshops and delight in both the old-style and modern ceramics, of Grottaglie the ceramics capital of Puglia.
- We’ll meet a local cheese-maker to discover more about mozzarella’s wildly indulgent cousin, burrata.
- Wake up in beautiful 4 and 5 star accommodation.
- Visit the city of Matera, UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city is filled with ‘sassi’, ancient cave dwellings restored for current use as homes, shops and restaurants
- Take in the breathtaking views of coast and mountains.
- Learn to cook authentic Puglian food.
- Most of all, sample mouth-watering menus. From wine, olive oil and cheese tastings, to full degustations, alfresco lunches, banquets and more.
Why Choose This Tour
This tour is ideal if you only have a limited holiday schedule. Or rather, if you are wanting to experience a different part of Italy that boast being one of the top travel destinations and the Florence of the South. In addition, this Food Tour is perfect to tack onto your existing holiday plans.
We offer a relaxed planned itinerary as part of this tour. Therefore, if you like to have all the logistics taken care of to allow for flexibility and spontaneity this tour is for you. Whether you are a seasoned traveller or rather, this is your first time overseas, you are welcome. Perfect food tour for singles, or for couples who enjoy the comradery of a group setting.
Above all, if you enjoy meeting new people and new experiences. This Food Tour is for you. This is a unique, bespoke food tour tailored to a maximum of 12 people. It is not necessary to have great cooking skills, just a love of beautiful food.