Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Cream the butter and sugar until smooth, add in the vanilla. Separate 3 of the 6 eggs and in a separate bowl beat the three egg whites until fluffy and firm peaks.
- Gradually add in the whole eggs one at a time until combined with the butter and sugar.
- Combine all of the dried ingredients including the spices, coconut and pecans. Leave the carrots out . Slowly add in the mixed almond and coconut flours into the butter & egg mix. Then add the carrots and then fold in the egg whites until you have a thick batter.
- Grease a 20cm round cake tin and line with baking paper. Pour in the batter and bake for 45 minutes or until golden on top and cooked through. Whiel the cake is baking take the extra whole pecans and place then on a lined tray. Pour over the 2 tbsp of maple syrup and bake for 10 – 12 minutes turning the Pecans a couple of times so they get covered in the hot maple syrup which will cause them to harden with a toffee exterior.
- Allow the pecans to cool, and allow the cake to cool in the tin before removing and icing. Garnish with the Maple glazed Pecans.
- For the icing, combine the cream cheese with the sugar, a squeeze of lemon juice, vanilla and blend either with beaters or with a food processor until smooth. Add in enough coconut milk until a desired consistency is achieved. I use 2 tbsp.