- 2 big handful of mixed lettuce leaves ( about 4-5 cups, try and use a mixture of leaves, cos, ice berg, red coral, butter head, red coral, green coral)
- 1 tblsp capers, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Handful of lemon basil leaves or basil
- 1/3 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil, if you want a looser pesto add a little more oil
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until combined and chopped together.
Adjust the seasoning and store in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for about 3 weeks. If the top is covered with oil the pesto will stay fresher for longer.