Low Carb/Gluten Free & Keto All Year Eating Hot Cross Buns
This is the best recipe for Low Carb/Gluten Free & Keto All Year Eating Hot Cross Buns. When I say “All Year”, I mean why can we only eat these deliciously spiced buns at Easter?
My vote is that these are so easy to make and so tasty, they toast up beautifully and freeze really well that I think we should make them every other week. For those of you who love fruit toast but are eating Low Carb / Gluten Free or Keto… you will love this spiced bread. Give it a go and let me know.
- 1/2 cup almond meal/ or flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice (you can also use allspice or mixed spice)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup currants or your preferred dried or fresh fruit
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute ( I used xylitol)
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup coconut oil ( you can also use a light olive oil or sunflower oil)
- 1 tbsp water