Mango, Lime and Coconut Cream Mousse
This Mango Lime and Coconut Mousse is as light as your traditional mousse with whipped cream and just as delicious as the coconut cream will produce a wonderful smooth creamy texture.
If you are catering for larger quantities, the mousse recipe can be easily doubled or tripled and instead of mangoes, the mousse can also be made with bananas or strawberries.
For a more traditional texture, you can use 1 cup of thick yoghurt and 1 cup of whipped cream folded through the blended mango.
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and diced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup pure icing sugar sifted
- 1 tablespoon of gelatine powder
- ¼ cup hot water
- 2 x 400ml tins of coconut cream to yield about 2 cups of thick pure coconut cream
- 1 extra lime, mango and passionfruit for garnish
- Good handful of mint
- Toasted coconut chips