- 30g dried porcini mushrooms
- 300ml boiling water
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100g fresh mixed mushrooms such as enoki, shitake, oyster
- 500g pumpkin peeled and diced
- ½ tsp. fresh thyme
- 2 pinches fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 lt chicken stock home made
- Good pinch Salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup pouring cream
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds – for garnish
Place the porcini mushrooms in a bowl with the boiling water and allow to soak for ½ an hour until soft. Strain the mushrooms reserving the stock.
Place the mushroom stock, onions and garlic in a pan and allow the onions to sweat until soft.
Add the fresh mushrooms, pumpkin, thyme, nutmeg, soaked porcini mushrooms, and vegetable stock to the pan and allow to simmer until the pumpkin is tender.
Season with salt and pepper and add the fresh dill and the pouring cream saving some for a drizzle at the end. Blend the soup until smooth and serve garnished with a drizzle of cream and the toasted pumpkin seeds.