Traditional Roast Chicken with Mediterranean Roast Vegetables
For your next quick and easy dinner idea, pick up a ready cooked “Festive Roast Chicken” or roast your own at home with all the fresh seasonal ingredients right at your fingertips. This recipe is a real favourite, perfect for your next family gathering.
- If the chicken needs to be stored before cooking, leave it lightly wrapped in foil on a tray on the lower shelf in the fridge so it does not drip on other foods.
- Bring your chicken out of the fridge 15 – 20 minutes before cooking so it comes to room temperature for even cooking.
- Always put the chicken into a preheated oven and cook to the correct temperature.
- Chicken, like other meat, is best left rested after cooking covered in foil for about 10 – 15 minutes before eating.
- For a warm salad, toss the vegetables with baby spinach and crumbled feta.
- Mix the roasted vegetables with shredded cooked chicken, and ice berg or a curly leaf lettuce for a delicious filling for sandwiches or wraps.
- Add the roasted vegetables and leftover cooked chicken into your risotto.
- Toss the vegetables with shredded chicken and freshly cooked pasta with crumbled ricotta for a quick easy pasta dish.
- Layer the roast vegetables between layers of lasagne sheets with a scattering of parmesan cheese, crumbled ricotta and Italian sauce for a delicious baked dish.
- 1.6 kilo chicken
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- ½ bunch of thyme
- 1 lemon cut in half
- salt and pepper
Mediterranean Roast vegetables
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 yellow capsicum, seeded and cut into 4cm pieces
- 2 red onions, peeled and each cut into 8 wedges
- 4 medium zucchini, trimmed and cut into 3cm rounds
- 1 medium sized eggplant, diced
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper