Asian Prawn Ingredients
- 20 large raw green tiger prawns, deveined, head intact
- Good pinch pepper
- ¼ cup corn flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsps. tamari
- ¼ cup Japanese rice sesame and nori seasoning
- ¼ cup peanut oil for frying
Japanese rice sesame and nori seasoning:
mixture of finely chopped nori, sesame seeds, fried shallots – Asian style – chopped and a sprinkle of dashi powder
- 2 cups mixed herbs – coriander, Vietnamese mint, Thai basil, spearmint
- 4 red radishes, julienne
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, julienne
- ½ cup daikon, julienne
- 1 punnet shiso herbs
- 1 Fuji pear, julienne
- 1 cup green papaya, julienne or shredded
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded and julienne
- 5 cloves garlic
- 60 ml good quality chilli jam
- 30 ml rice vinegar
- 60 ml fish sauce
- 65 ml lime juice
- 30 ml lemon juice
Prepare salad – Combine all ingredients and toss together.
Dressing – Combine all the ingredients and adjust seasoning.
Combine the pepper with the cornflour and dip the prawns only on the outside into the corn flour, Combine the egg with the sesame oil and tamari and whisk. Dip into the egg mixture and then into the chopped sesame, nori and fried shallots.
Heat the oil in a fry pan and fry on both sides until the sesame seeds are golden and prawns are just cooked.
Serve hot with a small amount of the salad on top