The Best Chickpea & Herb Falafel
The best falafel are my Chickpea & herb falafel. Made with soaked drained chickpeas, fresh herbs like coriander, mint and parsley and spices such as cumin, coriander and my tried and tested recipe for Chickpea and Fresh Herb Falafel will not disappoint.
I have always loved falafel for their earthy, nourishing flavour, their crispy texture and of course because they are delicious easy to make. There is no excuse as to why you would even consider having packet falafel mix on hand when you can make these beauties in a flash.
Gluten & sugar-free & vegan makes these burst of flavour a winner for everyone and any time as they make an ideal snack or accompaniment to a main meal, perfect for adding to wraps, burgers and really adaptable to whatever shape you want to make them.
- 1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight (don’t use canned chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup parsley, roughly chopped (about one good bunch) Flat or curly is fine
- 1 cup coriander, roughly chopped (about one good bunch)
- 1 cup mint, roughly chopped (about one good bunch)
- 1 1/2 tsp each of cumin ground, coriander ground, paprika
- 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
** For Beetroot Falafel add 1/2 a medium – large raw beetroot to your ingredients and bland as per the recipe.