8 Winter Breakfast Ideas
Our steamy summer nights are definitely behind us as the sun starts to set a little earlier and the mornings turn up the chill. Transitioning your weekday menu into the warmer months may leave some a little lost for thought. Summer days are great for all things fresh and chilled, salads, grills, barbequing, and those fast and quick meals in minutes. How to translate this into our warmer days does take a little extra thought but with some handy tricks and tips your winter meals can bring you as much pleasure, comfort and ease both in the kitchen and at the dinner table.
We all know that breakfast is an important part of the day and a time when our grains take centre stage.
- Oats, nutritiously can keep us going all morning, for something a little different try combining your regular oats with rye and triticale, soaking them overnight in apple juice or water cuts their cooking time in half and are a quick option for a hearty and satisfying breakfast.
- Topping them with chopped nuts or soaked dried fruits.
- Stewing some fresh fruits in their own juices and served with natural yoghurt and a spoon full of chopped walnuts will add sweetness without adding refined sugars.
- Millet and quinoa are also great alternatives if you have gluten intolerances and can be purchased in the whole grain or in flake form.
- Miso, broths and vegetable soups served with rice or noodles might be a little hard for some of you to stomach in the morning, but a vegetable broth with a little shredded chicken, chopped egg or slow cooked meats for breakfast is a light, cleansing start to the day and something that you can make ahead of time and reheat in the morning.
- Soups are a great way to fit those 5 serves of vegetables into your day and make great easy lunch options.
- Eggs are always a great one to fall back on and take minutes to prepare, poaching, boiling or baking them mixed with spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes and fresh chopped herbs.
- Breakfast burritos, baked bean jaffles, toasted breakfast sandwiches, fresh muffins, whole meal pancakes are all things that you can prepare the night before and heat in the morning if you are really time poor.
Just a few minutes of prep time and you can have a winters worth of great breakfasts to keep you healthy, happy and well fed.
Otherwise drop into Putia Pure Food Kitchen for a hearty and healthy breakfast
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!