Layered Eggplant Slice
This is a delicious and somewhat different way to make a layered eggplant slice. A type of eggplant parmigianna which traditionally is served layered in a baking dish or tray. This recipe uses eggs to hold tasty layers of fried eggploant, mozzarella and sauce together in a type of pie. All cooked on the stove top.
I loved this dish when I first tried it and thought what a wonderful way to serve eggplant, a layered eggplant slice, so delicious and easy to put together.
The great aspect to Italian food and why it is loved around the world is not only for its simplicity but its flavour and like most famous Italian recipes this tastes even better the next day.
- 2 medium sided eggplants sliced into rounds of about 3mm
- 4 tblsp sunflower oil for frying
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 2 tblsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups of good quality pasta sauce – home made or other
- 150g of mozzarella cheese, in the ball, thinly sliced
- Handful of basil leaves, chopped