For the no-churn Ice cream
For the No-churn ice cream
- Add the cocoa powder to a small saucepan with 5 tablespoons of water. Heat over low heat and stir vigorously to dissolve the cocoa powder. Don’t allow the mixture to burn. Once the cocoa powder has mostly dissolved, add a small amount (about 1/3 cup) of the cream and stir well to combine. You should now have a thick chocolate syrup and all of the cocoa powder should be well-incorporated and dissolved.
- Beat the remaining cream until thickened, fold through the cooled cocoa mix, the condensed milk and 40g of chopped ginger.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to a freezer-safe container and freeze overnight until completely frozen. Once you’re ready to enjoy the ice cream, simply take it out of the freezer and scoop!
- To serve, place a scoop of ice cream onto a cookie and press down with the top cookie, roll the sandwich through the chopped pistachio nuts, and remaining crystalised ginger then refreeze or serve straight away.
For the Cookies
Preheat the oven to 170c. Line two baking trays with baking paper or silicon baking mats.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, ginger, salt and 60g of the chopped Dark Chocolate Ginger.
- Working with a stand mixer, preferably fit with a paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy and smooth. Add the sugar and beat for a minute. Add the egg and beat for 2 minutes more. The mixture will be satiny. Add the milk and vanilla and beat just to combine. Don’t be concerned if the mixture looks curdled, it will even out shortly. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the jam and beat for 1 minute more. With the mixer still on low add the dry ingredients and mix only until they are incorporated.
- Depending on the size of your cookies, place all the dough onto a piece of baking paper dusted with flour and roll up twisting the paper at the sides together and squeezing in the dough from the sides to make a salami of the cookie dough. Refrigerate until firm. Un roll the dough and slice into 1 cm thick slices, place onto baking tray leaving 2-3 cm between each cookie. Top generously with the remaining chopped chocolate ginger.
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes, or until golden. Allow the cookies to rest for 1 minute, then carefully transfer them to racks to cool to room temperature. Repeat with the remainder of the dough, cooling the baking trays between batches.