Low Carb Keto Almond and Flax Bread
Looking for a low carb, keto bread I stumbled across many recipes and made quite a few trials. Some of the recipes came out like little rocks, others had a very dirty taste from being made solely of flax meal. My low carb keto almond and flax bread is one that I have adapted from about 3 recipes and I am very very happy with the result.
However, I am going to do a few more trials for some other options. I have come accross people who are on low carb and who are nut free, which I would imagine would be quite difficult as nuts like almonds and almond meal play a very big part in a lot of keto recipes.
What I love about this recipes is the ease of being able to throw it all together. Basically this recipe is a blend and mix process. In addition there is no yeast, no waiting for a rise, and no kneading. It is a fool proof recipe that you can also adapt to suite your own taste. In other words, feel free to add a couple of tablespoons of sunflower seeds, walnuts, or sesame seeds. In addition a cup of grated cheese with some dried herbs or freshly chopped fresh herbs would make this loaf extra delicious.
- 5 medium sized eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup of olive oil or oil of your choice ( I wouldn’t be using anything too strong like sesame oil) other oils like coconut, rice bran, peanut, avocado or sunflower are fine
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 tsp cider or white vinegar
- 2 cups + 2 tblp of almond meal/flour
- 1/2 cup of flax meal – I used dark flax seeds but you can also use golden flax
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds ( optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sesame seeds ( for the top) optional