No Bake Cornflake and Coconut Slice
I love no bake slices and this No-Bake Cornflake and Coconut slice is a winner. When it comes to healthy guilt free desserts or sweet treats, I like to avoid all sugar.. but sometimes you just need to let go.
My No-Bake Cornflake and Coconut slice came about as there had been a box of cornflakes in my pantry for some time and no one was eating them so I wanted to make a healthy cornflake, muesli slice that I could enjoy without the guilt.
Basically this was a bit of a pantry clean out, as I managed to use some old sultanas, the last of my coconut sugar, and the remainder of the peanut butter. These require no baking although they are best kept in the fridge as they tend to go a little soft if left out in the heat.
- 3 cups of crushed cornflakes (I blitzed the cornflakes in the blender before I measured the three cups)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tblsp coconut flour (you can use skim milk powder or almond meal)
- 1 cup oats (I used left over fruit and nut muesli)
- 50g butter (you can use all coconut oil)
- 40g coconut oil
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar (you can substitute firm packed brown sugar)
- ½ cup honey
- 1 ½ cups sultanas, chopped roughly
- 10 pieces of crystallized ginger
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1 tblsp butter
- ¼ cup coconut extra